Is Your Pizza Restaurant Meeting The Needs Of The 9.7M Vegans?
Vegan pizza restaurant patrons have increased by over 500% since the early 2000s, according to PlantsProtein. Of that 500% growth, how many pizza customers visit your restaurants? Do you have menu options that your QSR customers can and want to choose from?
Current vegan statistics according to Truly Experiences
- 6% of US consumers are vegan
- According to Global Market Research Company, Ipsos, there are currently over 9.7 million American vegans
- 11,000 people 17 years old and older were surveyed, and the results revealed that 2% of Americans are vegetarian. Of these, one-in-four are vegan, making for 0.5% of the total population.
Even though the actual percentage of vegan Americans is small, there is a much higher percentage of QSR customers that are not strictly vegan YET but would like to be in the future. Therefore, they take any opportunity to investigate their options at QSR restaurants.
Additionally, Nielsen, a marketing research company, states that 39% of Americans claim they are not entirely vegan but prefer a diet that eliminates as many animal products as possible.
What does this mean for your pizza restaurant?
- The number of plant-based diners in your QSR restaurant will increase
- You will need more plant-based pizza and food options on your menu to entice customers to choose your pizza restaurant.
What are some of the more popular vegan pizza menu items? What can you add?
- Typically, thin and crispy crusts
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Classic marinara
- Olive oil drizzle
- Dairy-free cheeses
- Cheeseless pizzas
If you already have plant-based and gluten-free options on the menu,
Then it’s time to market. Vegan and gluten-free patrons always search for convenient and fast restaurants to get pizza or food orders that meet their needs and desires.
- Dedicate a week or more to telling your followers in detail what you offer for vegans.
- Place a flier on your pizza boxes that show vegan options for pizzas.
- Place signs in your windows or on your delivery cars that tell people you have vegan options.
- Share information with organizations that promote plant-based diets.
As with any marketing plan, you need to help educate the consumer. If the population of QSR patrons does not know you offer vegan options, they won’t even come to your restaurant. So, get them in the door and wow them with your menu options.
Kanekt 365 is a call center company dedicated to increasing the profits of the QSR industry. Stay tuned to our blog for future discussions on best practices and other strategies to increase your pizza restaurants’ profits.
Contact Kanekt 365 if you want to take advantage of our services to increase your sales. Our website lets you quickly see the cost of outsourcing your QSR calls with Kanekt 365. https://kanekt365.com/pricing/ add your weekly sales, number of calls, and you’ll see how we can save your restaurant money on staffing costs. These savings cover the costs associated with outsourcing.